What questions are asked for Burial insurance ?
Burial Insurance Companies ask different health questions before making you an offer. But what are the questions asked for burial insurance? The questions cover a range of topics and are centered on your life, lifestyle and current medical condition.
The questions start with the basics.
Gender . Age. Smoker or Non Smoker.
These 3 basic questions allow the life insurance company to place you into the correct insurable category.
After that, the life insurance company begins to look a lot more closely. If you stop right there, you can get life insurance with no medical exam required or no medical questions asked. You will pay a higher price and have limited coverage for the first 2 years of the policy.
What questions are asked for burial insurance before a policy is issued?
Every company Choice Senior Liferepresents looks at clients a little differently. Some of our companies don’t care if you had a heart attack last year. Some would like to see that medical incident happen at least 5 years ago. All companies have their own set of standards and underwriting guidelines. Our service to you is to sort through the companies and find the right company for you at the program plan that is affordable for you.
The 5 basic questions that life insurance companies ask
- How much life insurance coverage would you like ?
- Are you male or female?
- Are you a smoker?
- What is your name ?
- What is your address?
Top 6 Health Questions FOR Final Expense life insurance
The top six health questions asked for final expense life insurance are basic disqualifying questions. If you answer yes to any one of these questions, you will not qualify for one of the better programs. But don’t worry, Choice Senior Life can still get you qualified for a life insurance program that is affordable.
- Do you currently receive kidney dialysis or require oxygen use or have you received or been told that you need an organ transplant or have you been diagnosed as having a terminal illness? (Terminal illness is defined as any illness diagnosed that would reasonably be expected to cause death within twenty-four (24) months.)
- Do you require assistance to feed, bathe, dress, or take your own medication or are you currently confined to a hospital, nursing home, mental facility, hospice, or require home health nursing care?
- Have you ever tested positive for the AIDS virus or been diagnosed or treated, or recommended for treatment for AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome), ARC (AIDS Related Complex), or any other immune disorder?
- In the past 12 months have you been hospitalized two or more times?
- In the past 12 months have you been treated for or diagnosed with any cancer (other than Basal Cell skin cancer), heart attack, stroke, or had heart surgery (including angioplasty)?
- In the past 12 months have you used any illegal drugs, been treated for or advised to have treatment for drug abuse?
The Second Part of Burial Insurance Questions Go Into More Detail
- In the past 2 years have you been diagnosed or treated for Alzheimer’s Disease or Dementia?
- In the past 2 years have you been diagnosed or treated for have you been diagnosed or treated for Heart or Circulatory Disorder (except controlled hypertension) or Stroke?
- In the past 2 years have you been diagnosed or treated for had surgery for any Heart Disorder (including angioplasty) or Circulatory Disorder (except varicose veins)?
- In the past 2 years have you been diagnosed or treated for Sickle Cell Anemia or Kidney Disease (including dialysis, nephropathy) or Liver Disease (including hepatitis B & C)?
- In the past 2 years have you been diagnosed or treated for Lung Disease (except controlled, mild asthma not requiring any hospitalization in the past 2 years)?
- In the past 2 years have you been advised by a medical professional to have any tests, surgery, treatment, or further medical evaluation that have not been performed or do you have any medical test results pending?
- In the past 2 years have you been diagnosed or treated for any form of Cancer (other than Basal Cell skin cancer) or Brain Tumor?
- In the past 2 years have you been treated for or been advised to have treatment for alcohol or drug dependency or consumed more than 10 alcoholic drinks per day?
- In the past 10 years have you been convicted of a felony or currently have pending charges for a felony; or currently on parole from a felony conviction? years:
If you answer yes to any of these questions, your burial insurance quote will be offered with a slightly higher rate. But you still qualify for a burial insurance plan that is affordable.
Your agent at Choice Senior Life will ask you a set of questions that are general at first. The answers to those questions help us determine the right company. Each company has its own questions and they differ a little from company to company.
The Company Calls You Again
Finally, the insurance company will call you to confirm the answers to the health questions. What are the questions asked for burial insurance ? Don’t worry about being blindsided , it is exactly the same set of questions that we asked you earlier. The phone call takes about 10 minutes and is done on a recorded line, so give the same honest answers !
Want to see the full list of 30 questions and see how you fare ?